The Idle Times

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Its been awhile...

Its been while since my last post. Too many things to do, too little time (both of which are lies). Haha. Actually i've just been feeling really lazy the past month and my internet has gone all wonky on me. Apologies in advance for all that dinging and donging when i come online and go offline on MSN. And if i don't reply to your summons, its not my fault. Go blame singtel or whoever, just not me.

Anyway, back to some real stuff. In the previous post i wrote about how badly i did for Philosophy. I did really badly overall. A C+ for your first module back in school isn't exactly a fantastic start to life as a University student. Maybe its my fault (yes i'm admitting that i'm MAY be at fault here) to have chosen such an obscure module to start off with. The only consolation may be that i did rather well for my final paper to have gotten such a grade, considering the horrible one i got for the essay. At least Political Science treated me better. I think i may be able to hit an A- if all things go fine with the final. 2 Bs for 2 essays isn't that bad right? So yeah, maybe what i really needed was some time to adapt and adjust to being a student again. I swear the Army is a pain in the ass. I makes us guys become stupid, slow and lazy. That's life i guess. Anyway, i'm going to start working real hard from now on. If i'm lucky, maybe i'll try and transfer to the law fac next academic year. Sheesh. I've set really high standards for myself. Whether or not i can stick to my guns and reach my goal is another thing.

I've given up on rugby for now. I'm not joining the NUS team, which is quite a waste considering that i really love the sport to the bones. Apparently its hard to get in and the coach and players are closet assholes, especially when you come from a 'second-rate' rugby playing school. So much for trying to promote the sport in Singapore when its so cliqueish. Sigh. Anyway, i decided to try out something new again. I put my name down for fencing with khai and canoe polo with KP and miah. I'm leaning towards the polo side now. Oh yeah. At least i'm joining a sport. I have no excuse not to exercise anymore. Haha.

I'm pretty tired right now. Had to wake up early for exams today. It was good, except that i forgot to bring my identification for the paper and was pretty much in a mess for the whole morning. If you want to know what happened, i'm not telling here. I don't want my head to go rolling anywhere in a hurry. Speaking of class, i've got all the mods i bid for so i'm pretty chuffed with myself. In the end, there always seems to be that little silver lining to everything that happens to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home