The Idle Times

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Too hot!

I've only got 1 complaint these days. Why is the weather so bloody hot? Haha. I guess you guys must be feeling it too. The oppressive Singapore weather is back. Its like, why is the weather so whacked out these days. In the beginning of the year, it was unusually wet. it rained almost everyday, forcing me to stay home most days (and some other stuff too, but who really cares). Then it started going really crazy. Hot and dry one moment, wet and cold the next. Explains why my hacking cough acted up all over again. I really thought i was going to die. Seriously. And now, just as i'm starting school? Its hot like the deepest depths of hell. Ok maybe that's an exaggeration. Still, its hot enough to make want NOT to go to school. Like the weather ever was an excuse to skip school.

Anyway, so its the 2nd week of Special Term and i haven't changed my mind about NOT being a Philosophy major. Though i'm slowly beginning to understand what is being taught, i still have no idea how i'm going to write a 6-8 page essay to be handed up. And then there is the exam in 4 weeks time. Yeah. I'm screwed. Say bye-bye to my dignity as a man, i can't even keep my promise of doing well in University. I should just go to my corner and die. Haha. Its not that depressing lah. I just have to keep going forward i guess. Back straight, face forward, march! Then again, i still think Uni is a faceless place. Well, the people are at least. I'm still intimidated by those smart-alec assholes who can't seem to shut up during lectures and discussions sections. If i was still in college, chairs would be flying 'ala Gerald Fok. Haha. Those were the days when i could get into fights and get away with it. These days its not that simple anymore. Oh well. We all have to grow up sometime right?

Ok. Now for Ivan's 'A thought a week segment" Think about this:

For anything, Z, one either knows Z or doesn't.
If one knows Z, one cannot ask about Z.
If one does not know Z, one cannot ask about Z.
Therefore, for anything Z, one cannot inquire about Z.

Bet most of you didn't get that. Oh well. Neither do i and i'm a philosophy student. Now you know what i have to sit through every week. Maybe next week, they'll ask me what a chair is. If that happens, i think i may just walk out all together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home