The Idle Times

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Back to school

Finally, i'm back in school. So its supposed to be a good thing right? Right? Maybe it is, but from what i've experienced during the past week, i think it may just turn out to be a little experiment gone wrong.

So its special term time and i decided that i would sign up for 1 module. Just 1 single module to help me get the rust out of my head and to get the juices flowing properly. I signed up for a Philosophy module. And i'm kinda regretting that i did. Half the class are seniors. Having been in the system before, they easily assimilate into the system. Discussions, lectures blah blah. And the rest? The poor sad NSmen who don't even have a clue on what they are doing sitting in a lecture and not understanding what the lecturer is saying. And then there is the discussions where we're supposed to contribute our thoughts. Seeing some of those entries are really intimidating. I don't have a bloody clue what they are writing. And come to think of it, i don't even know what we're supposed to be discussing in the first place. So there goes my 10% it seems. And my Dean's List. And my double major. And my life. Never before have i felt so intimidated just to attend classes. Being the alone doesn't really help. Not knowing anyone, not understanding a shit and basically not having any fun is well, no fun at all.

I really feel stupid. Maybe i'm just not cut out to study such abstract things. I must have been either drunk or in a daze when i said that maybe i'm more cut out for the social sciences. Haha. Damn i really must pull myself together, quick. 6 weeks isn't enough time for me to whine. But then again, is it enough time for me to shake off the rust and start thinking properly again? I should have done new media writing or something like that. Maybe it would have been the easier option and i would have to have this crazy dilemma going on in my head. I had a nightmare about the work i should be doing the day after i started classes. I must be losing it, or maybe i already have. One thing is for sure though. I'm NOT going to be a philosophy major.

Anyway, while i try to get my head right way up again, here's a little something for you to think about. St. Augustine wrote "Six is a number perfect in itself, and not because God created all things in six day; rather the inverse is true, that God created all things in six days because the number is perfect, and it would remain perfect even if the work of the six days did not exist." Does this mean that mean that since the science of numbers (ie mathematics) is perfect which results in there being a God, or is it because God is perfect that's why mathematics is perfect?

Just something for you people to think about while i try to think about what exactly i should be doing right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home